(This course was replaced by the course 2D Graphics)
IMPA and PUC-Rio. It is a regular course, taught every summer (January-February period)
- Linear Algebra
- Calculus of one and several variables
- Some Knowledge of Algorithms and Programming
- An introductory overview of graphics and applications
- Fundamentals of color and color systems
- Projective Geometry
- Transformations and Coordinates
- Rotations and Quaternions
- Digital image and Color quantization
- Two-dimensional graphical objects
- Three-dimensional graphical objects
- Modeling and Hierarchies
- Virtual camera
- The visualization pipeline
- Clipping, Visibility and rasterization
- Local ilumination models
- Basics concepts of Ray tracing and Radiosity
- Basics concepts of volumetric rendering
- J. GOMES and L.Velho,
"Computação Gráfica Volume 1".
Série Computação e Matemática, SBM/IMPA, 1998. (in portuguese)
- J. GOMES e L. VELHO, Conceitos Básicos de Computação Gráfica. VII Escola de Computação, São Paulo, 1990 (In portuguese).
- J. Foley, A. van Dam, S. Feiner, J. Hughes, Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, Addison-Wesley.
- A. Watt, 3D Computer Graphics. 2nd ed., Reading, Mass. Addison-Wesley, 1993.
Material of this course
Main Page | E-mail