The software components of the Visorama system will implement
the functionality for production and exhibition of panoramas.
The Visorama Authoring Environment:
The production software will be used to develop the project and will
- help in the processing of the captured images
- combine the processed images creating the panorama.
- enable the creation of space and time navigation routes.
The Visorama Visualization Environment:
The visualization software will be used for the display of Panoramic
Therefore, this software will perform the following functions:
- interface with the user
- communication with the control unity
- image generation
- audio reproduction
Research of New Techniques for Panoramic Images.
The Visorama project includes the research of
new graphic techniques for panoramic images.
The investigation will focus on the following topics:
- methodology to build and visualize a stereoscope panorama.
- transition mechanism between panoramas. (wipes, blending, etc.)
- multiple resolution panoramas.
- the use of sound in the panoramas' exhibition.
The results of this investigation, will be
incorporated into the Visorama system.